Join us every Sunday!
Bible study @ 9:15 am
Worship service @ 10:30 am
1. We believe in the verbal, plenary, inspiration of the Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, in the original documents and that they are the infallible revelation of God and the final, supreme authority for faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
2. We believe that God, as to His nature, exists in tri-unity; that there are three eternally existing, co-equal, Divine Persons in the Godhead (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) and these three are one God. (Matt. 28:19)
3. We believe that Jesus Christ, who was in the presence of God from eternity past, was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is true God, and true man. (John 1:1-19)
4. a. We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred, not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is eternal separation from God, resulting in everlasting punishment in the lake of fire; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and, in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, sin, in thought, word, and deed. (John 3:1-21; Romans 3:10, 23 - 5:12)
b. We believe that the only way to be eternally saved is by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and in His blood atonement, death and resurrection. Those that are thus saved are His sheep, of whom He says, "they shall never perish, neither shall any (man) pluck them out of my hand." (John 10:28)
c. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again (regenerated) of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God; that they are indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit and are so secured unto the day of redemption. (Romans 10:9-13; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood. (Romans 3:24-26; 1 Corinthians 15:3)
6. We believe that the church of Jesus Christ was begun at Pentecost (Acts 2), is composed solely of believers, is the Body and Bride of our Lord, is distinct from Israel, and that it is to be completed through the winning of lost souls to Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13)
7. a. We believe that Jesus Christ instituted the Lord's Supper to commemorate His death until He returns. (1 Corinthians 11:23-29; Mark 14:22-26)
b. We believe that water baptism has no saving merit, it is an ordained testimony, portraying the believer's union with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection and is to be practiced in this age. (Matt. 28:18-20; Matt. 26:26-29; 1 Cor. 11:23-29).
The mode of baptism pacticed by this assembly shall be immersion.
8. We believe that Christ may, at any time, return to receive the saints into Heaven (which is known as the "rapture" of the Church) after which shall follow the Tribulation period of approximately seven years. Christ then will return to the earth with His saints, to rule for one-thousand years (Millennial Reign), after which the wicked will be judged and cast into the lake of fire. (1 Thes. 4:13-18; Daniel 9:27; Rev. 19:11; Matt. 24:15-21, 27)
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, both the saved and the lost, in the eternal conscious punishment of the lost, and the eternal blessedness and joy of the saved. (John 5:25-29; 1 Corinthians 15:1-28; Rev. 20:11-15; 22:12-14)
10. We believe that Satan, a fallen angel, is the god of this age, the adversary of Christ and His church and that his destiny is eternal punishment in the lake of fire. (Job 1:7; Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:12-19; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4; Revelation 20:10)